Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Shane fries the Kiwis!


I hate those words: "I told you so!". But what to do, we are like that only.


Australia has just cleaned up the Kiwis for the umpteenth time. Only saving grace is that Ponting did not score yet another century; but... Watson forgot how to get out. Remember he was not able to score any runs at all - hardly three games ago... Form is temporary, as they say.


Seeing Watson's plight of not-able-to-get-out, I can draw a parallel to Adam (yeah, the First-ever man on earth). Apparently after all that sinful apple scene etc., satan tried to make Adam die. But Adam was like,"How to die? I don't know how to die!". And Bible goes on to say that the satan had to try for close to thousand years before he could teach Adam to die! Similarly Shane Watson has decided not to know of how to get out... (Heard this on Joseph Prince's Singapore preaching programme on a French TV channel in Geneva yesterday! Very Illuminating. Amen.)


Ok, enough cribbing.


Well played, Aussies. In a way, all the teams were kind of under-cooked except the Aussies (who strangely had lost that aura due to the Ashes loss; but people forgot the 6-1 pommie-thrashing!).


Pool went off smoothly & Sharath killed the finals.


More about the consolidated position, quiz answers/winners etc. in the next post.


4 comments:

Siva said...

Thank you Sri G for the trouble you take. It was great fun taking part, though I missed a few.
Pity that fate dealt a cruel blow to NZ by sidelining Vettori - but those Aussies are awesome - especially if they lose the Ashes!

Sharath said...

Thanks SriG for making me watch ODIs. I had decided to watch only "Test Cricket".
I had started hating all limited overs format because of T20s. But this competition kept me going.
With good strategy of Batting PowerPlay, ODI can still evolve.

But at the moment, Aussies still rule 50 over format.

Siva said...

I won a $10 voucher from you thelast time, so I will gladly part with $5 - because I am stil $5 richer!
Subra

Mr(s) G :-)) said...

Thanks, Sharath.
Subra: Definitely a thanks for the offer. But a prize won is a prize won. Won't take it back.
Have fun. Will let you all know of the meeting date/venue etc.