Thursday, March 22, 2007

Day #9: So long, Inzy & So hot, Sanath




Definitely parity is being restored to the competition. Bangladesh looked flat and lost. Pakistan looked flat and won. One was probably over-celebrating and the other over-mourning. I don't want to go into the regular drivel about cricket being the great leveler and time being the great healer... Tell me something new.

Yes, I have something new [keep your brick-bats ready :-]

Received the following prediction from at least ten people in the last week or so. I am sure you would have seen this already.
Year 1981
1. Prince Charles got married
2. Liverpool crowned Champions of Europe
3. Australia lost the Ashes
4. Pope Died

2 years later India won the world Cup!!!

Year 2005
1. Prince Charles got married
2. Liverpool crowned Champions of Europe
3. Australia lost the Ashes
4. Pope Died

2 years later will India win the world Cup?????


In fact, somebody had included Italy winning the football world cup as well in this series of events. Some creative (desperate? foolishly-optimistic?) mind had indeed pulled these facts together and put them into correlation with respect to an Indian win this year. I am sure there are other such 'coincidences' that are floating around in the net which are predicting an Irish victory this year. Actually nothing new in all this.

My earlier sentence was to entice you to read on ;-)

Now for the Can-You-Do-It-Without-Googling Trivia...

(Just to show that there is life outside cricket, however small! No points; Pure quizzing!)

Answer to yesterday's question: DENY

(As I had mentioned, there could be many more. There were some interesting answers! If you deny my LBW appeal, I will kill you! I didn't do it, I didn't do it! so on.. Getting creative, eh? Nice ones...)

Looks like that was an easy one... Six people got it right: Muthiah, Guru, SivaSubra, Ganesh TCS, SVK and Anand Re for the right answer.

At this stage, on a rough glance, I see that Anand Re, Guru, Ganesh TCS are leading the pack in this trivia pursuit.

Today's question:

  • If you mix a glass each of orange juice and apple juice which two organic acids will be mixed together?

    Keep the answers rolling into the usual mailing address. Three prizes at the end of the world cup for the best performer.

Until the next one...

P.S. Yesterday's numbers had to be slightly changed due to a clerical error on my part. Apologies for that.

No comments: